Kate Q. Tandy, Ph.D.
1801 Embarcadero Lane
Bakersfield, Ca. 93311
Ph.D. in Human and Organizational Systems – Fielding Institute
Master of Arts in Social Studies with Counseling minor –Western State University
Bachelor of Science in Sociology with Business minor- Colorado State University
Kaiser Permanente –Senior Operations Officer
Lead Service and Access, Call Center, Behavioral Health, Member Education and Message Management. Developed Patient Representative Program, Patient Advisory Council, Wellness Committee, New Member On-boarding, Family Violence Committee, as well as KP Care Corner and Paramount Health Centers.
- Lead the Paramount Project in becoming a state of the art Health Centers for one of the largest agriculture companies in the San Joaquin Valley.
- Have been on the NUHW and UFCW negotiating teams.
- Created, developed and lead the Wellness program for all employees and Providers.
- Lead the Service department for employees from the lowest service scores in the region to the highest.
- Have given numerous talks both internally and externally on Stress Management and Balancing Your Life as part of our local Ambassador program.
- Developed and lead the Kern County Leadership Development Cohort for administration and providers.
Human and Organizational Consultant – KQT Consulting and Mediation
Consulted nationally on team building, strategic planning, conflict resolution and quality of life programs with various medical clinics and hospitals, physician groups, newspapers, attorneys, cities and manufacturers. Focused on developing excellent organizational cultures while increasing quality and productivity.
- Mediation in disputes between different organizations such as hospitals and service providing physician groups to resolve conflict.
- Intervention in “troubled” organizations to resolve differences between business partners, organizational layers and divisions.
- Team building, strategic planning and conflict resolution.
- Job assessment analysis for executives.
- Executive coach for the public and private sector managers and business owners.
- Adjunct faculty for university of LaVerne, University of Phoenix and CSUB. Taught graduate and undergraduate courses in human resources, business management, and psychology.
- Function as the in-house Human Resource Manager for various businesses in the public and private sectors.
- Mediation and arbitration of labor disputes, personnel issues and business conflicts.
- Education and training of all types from management development to stress counseling.
Human Resources Manager – GAF Materials Corporation
Recruited, trained and hired all technical and professional employees at start-up of plant. Along with the Plant manager, was responsible for organization culture and productivity. Responsible for all training, benefits administration, and safety. Developed all policies and procedures to be utilized at this site. Consulted with other GAF plants on recruiting, team building and other human resources and organizational development matters.
Director of Human and Organizational Development – The Bakersfield Californian
Was involved in all human resources functions including safety, worker’s compensation, health insurance, wellness, 401(k), training and development. Chief Negotiator for the company with the four labor unions. Responsible for the technical functions of recruitment, labor contract administration, benefits, grievance hearings and the like.
Private practice that involved individual, group, marriage, family counseling and stress management. Did crisis counseling for Police and Sherriff departments. Pro Bono counseling to community on as need basis.
Director of Social Services - Yellowstone Treatment Center
In charge of treatment services. Center is J.C.A.H.(O) certified psychiatric facility for severely emotionally disturbed youth from the ages of 6 through 18 years. Supervised staff who worked in assessment, girl treatment, group homes, admissions, nursing, records management and case management. Counseled youth individually and in groups, as well as, all related quality assurance.
Peace Corps – Colombia, South America
Counseled adolescents in the parole program of the Colombian Institute of Family Welfare in Cali Colombia. Counseled adolescents in Oscar Scarpetta Orphanage.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Board of Directors for Global Family Human Trafficking
- Past President of the board of Kern County CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
- Court approved Mediator for Kern and Ventura Counties
- Panelist for the American Arbitration Association
- Expert witness in Human Resources
- S.P.H.R. (Senior Professional Human Resource Accreditation)
- Labor Law and Labor Arbitration certification
- Expert Key Note Speaker